Updated: November 1, 2017
Drawing per day – Month 8
The process should give you the best chance of producing something half decent. This is the process:
- Find an image to draw
- Find an A4 piece of paper to draw it on
- Draw the image before you a) have to go to work b) have to clean up the kitchen or c) fall asleep. Take no longer than 10 minutes.
- a) Go to work b) clean up the kitchen or c) go to bed.
- When you a) return home b) finish cleaning or c) wake up. Put the drawing in the drawer with all your other drawings and forget about it.
- Repeat the following day and every day after that.
- At the end of the month get out all your drawings and see if any are worth scanning in for your website.
It is amazing that a process that, on paper, looks as if it has no chance of producing anything decent is actually the most likely way for me to produce a half decent drawing. I suppose it may not work for everyone, but it does for me.