Updated: October 27, 2017
When in doubt, scribble wildly
A few things to note with a view to making your drawings fun.
- The wonkiest, weirdest drawings are where the good stuff lives.
- Try drawing the faces with your left hand. Make them look as stupid as possible.
- Draw a limb before drawing the rest of the body, that way there is no way you will get the proportions right. That is the aim.
- Outline your trees as blobs and them fill them in with scribbles.
- Don’t bloody worry about it. Nobody cares about your work. Nothing more boring than agonising over something nobody gives two hoots about.
- Sunglasses are a great shortcut if you don’t have time for drawing the eyes AND like in real life, people look cool when wearing them.
- When in doubt, scribble wildly or fill it in with heavy black.
I will add to this list.